Central Engineering Facilities
Phone: 880-2-7789288, Fax: 880-2-7789337
- Central Engineering Facilities (CEF) is the hut core of engineering activities of the Atomic Energy Research Establishment (AERE).
- CEF is responsible for planning, designing, developing, and renovation of various tasks to carry out research works as well as for strengthening and expanding of AERE facilities.
Aims and Objectives
- Provide technical assistance to institutes and laboratories of the Atomic Energy Research Establishment (AERE) in the maintenance of all major equipment such as research reactor, isotope production laboratory, irradiation and other facilities related to electrical and mechanical systems and also carry out jobs in machining, welding and sheet metal involved in such work.
- Identify technical problems of different institutes and take initiatives to solve them.
- Design, develop and fabricate specialized items of equipment as per requirements of laboratories.
- Provide different testing and trouble shooting activities in different institutes in AERE facilities.
- Operate the utility systems of AERE facilities like Electrical substations, pumps, water and gas supply systems.
- Repair, replacement & maintenance of door, window, glass at various institutes and residential area in AERE.
- Design, develop and fabricate specialized items of equipment as per requirements of laboratories for research and developing activities at various institutes in AERE.
- Installation of venetian blind at various laboratories and office room in all institutes.
- Construction and /or repair & maintenance of new and old buildings, office room, laboratory, road, culvert.
- Installation, commissioning and maintenance of A/C plants and related equipment in different institutions in AERE facilities.
- Carry out tendering process for procurement of goods, equipment etc. as per PPR.
- Installation Testing and Commissioning of 400×150mm dia, capacity of 41HP Deep Tube-well at AERE office campus.
- Designed, installed and commissioned of reactor hall ventilation, instrumentation, measurement & control systems of the research reactor & its associated facilities.
- Conducted feasibility study of decay tank repair / replacement.
- Supervised installation and commissioning of Tc-99m plant at Radioisotope Production Division (RIPD).
- Supervised BMRE of the beach sand plant at Cox's Bazar.
- Made various equipment related to research such as sorting device to plug of reactor beam port, lead shielding, table made of iron, rack, door, grill etc.
- Carried out maintenance and repairing work such as water pump of reactor hall, cooling tower and exhaust blower of Radio Isotope production Division, AC plant of ISNT auditorium and refrizarator of different institutes.
- Rendered technical assistance in developing, molding and finishing Jutin product.
- Studied power (gas/diesel) generation & its economic feasibility for AERE facilities.
- Design and fabrication of Isotope carrier (Lead pot) for RIPD.
- Designed, Planned and implemented a project named solar energy utilization & development of related technology. Under this project three solar electricity generation plants having capacity of 17.5kWp at HO Building, 5kWp at CAD Building & 5kWp at ROMU Building has been installed. CEF is responsible for the maintenance of these plants. Beside these there are two solar water pumping plants having capacity of 2.2HP (1.68kWp) has been installed at HO building of BAEC & at AEC, Dhaka. The main objective of this project is installation, testing & commissioning of an advanced solar cell fabrication laboratory where Si based solar cells (crystal) will be produced from raw materials by mean a process of POCl3 gas diffusion system. The goal of this laboratory is to produce high efficient solar cell at a lower cost.
- Provide industrial training in the level of Undergraduate, Diploma & Vocational.
Copyright © Atomic Energy Research Establishment, Ganakbari, Savar, P.O. Box No. 3787, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
Telephone 880-2- 7789252; Facsimilie 880-2-7789337.