Institute of Electronics
Repair and Maintenance Division (RMD)Phone: 88-02-7790016, Fax: 88-02-7789620
- To keep operational the sophisticated and costly Nuclear, Scientific, Medical and Calibration equipments of different Centers, Institutes and Units of BAEC.
- Refurbishment, Design & development of customized microcontroller and PC based System.
- Design and Development of PC based Area Radiation Monitor for Reactor Operation and Maintenance Unit (ROMU), AERE.
- Design and Development of PC Based Renographic system.
- Design and Development of Electrophoresis supply for biological research facilities.
- Refurbishment, Design & development of customized microcontroller and PC based System are also carried out in this division.
- Repair and Maintenance of sophisticated and costly Nuclear, Scientific, Medical and Calibration equipments of different Centers, Institutes and Units of BAEC.
- Also to provide support regarding Consultancy, Training, Repair and Maintenance services to other organizations as and when necessary.
Among others ICP-AES, ADAC-SPECT, Thyroid uptake, Gamma Camera, Triple Axis Spectrometer, Calibrator OB-34, Calibrator OB-85, Dose Calibrator, Nuclear Instruments Module(NIM), Multi Channel Analyzer(MCA) Card, TLD Reader, Whole body Counter, Hand and Foot Radiation Monitor, Portable Scaler, Counter Timer, Digital Rate Meter, Survey Meter, Pocket Dosimeter, Borehole logging system, Digital Logging System, Fibro graph Machine, Annealing Oven, Refrigerated Centrifuge Machine, Spray Dryer, Cooled Incubator, Freeze Dryer, Platform Shaker, Ultrasonic Generator (Sonicator), Sterilizer, Colony Counter, Rotonic Hydroscope, Electronic Balance, Laser Gun, Diffusion Pump, Rotary Evaporator, Mechanical Orbital Shaker, Instron Machine, Growth Cabinet, Ultrasonic Cleaner, etc. have been repaired by this division.
Microcontroller Programmer, Microcontroller Development Kit, Microcontroller based Traffic Light Controller, OB-85 Calibration Source Controller, Variable Regulated Laboratory Power Supply, Selectable Variable Power Supply etc. are among other Designed, Developed and Fabricated in this division.
Digital Oscilloscope, Transformer Winding Machine, Computer, Microcontroller Development Kit, Power Supply, Multimeter, etc.
- Regular activities
- Repair and Maintenance Work.
- Design and Development of Customized Equipment, Control System and Refurbishment Work.
- Upgrading of Laboratory Facilities.
- Collaborative research work with National or International Organization.
In addition to the regular activities following are the future plan:
- Short Term (To be completed within 2010)
- Design and Development of High Current Low Voltage Power Supply
- Design and Development of OB-85 Dose Calibrator Controller.
- Mid Term (To be completed within 2015)
- Design and Development of High Power UPS
- Design and Development of a PC Based Monitoring System
- Long Term (To be completed within 2020)
- Design and Development of a Vehicle Monitoring System
- Design and Development of Intelligent Automation System.
|Title||Authors Name||Name of Journal/Proceedings|
|i) Design and development of Microcomputer Based Humidity Monitor.||Mohammod Abu Sayid Haque, Humayun Kabir, A. S. M. Firoz, Prof. Md. Abdul Mannan Chowdhury, Fahmida Akter and Farhana Hafiz||IE-22/RM-2, September 2007,|
|ii) Design and development of a Microcontroller Based Area Radiation Monitor.||Farhana Hafiz, Fahmida Akter, Mohammod Abu Sayid Haque, Md. Serajul Islam, M A Mannan Chowdhury and Tahmina Rahman||NCEIT,29-30 June2007, Rajshahi, Bangladesh, ISBN-984-300-000645-7|
|iii) Design and development of Microcontroller Based Position Controller.||Fahmida Akter, Farhana Hafiz, Mohammod Abu Sayid Haque, Md. Abdul Mannan Chowdhury,and Tanu Shree Roy||NCEIT,29-30 June2007, Rajshahi, Bangladesh, ISBN-984-300-000645-7|
|iv) Design and development of a Microcontroller Based Counting System.||Mahbubul Hoq, Mohammod Abu Sayid Haque, Md. Hasinur Rahman, and Reza Muhammad Zaman-Al-Mamun||Annual Comference, BPS, May 04-05, 2007, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh.|
|v) Design and development of a Portable Radiation Dose Rate Meter.||Fahmida Akter, Farhana Hafiz, Mohammod Abu Sayid Haque, Md. Serajul Islam and M. Quamruzzaman||Journal of the BES, vol-5, no-2, P=115-220, December 2005, ISSN: 1816-1510|
|vi) Serial Communication between Microcomputer and Microcontroller.||Mahbubul Hoq and Mohammod Abu Sayid Haque||Journal of the BES, vol-5, no-1, P=119-224, June 2005, ISSN: 1816-1510|
|vii) Minimization of positioning error by using microcontroller based micro step technology.||Dr. Enamul Basher, Amina Hasan Abedin, Mahbubul Hoq and Md. Abu Sayid Haque||7th ICCIT, 26-28 December 2004.|