Scientific Information UnitPhone: 880-2-7789339, Fax: 880-2-7789620
Scientific Information Unit (SIU), shares the honour and pleasure of shouldering the great responsibilities of documenting multiple scientific functions of AERE. Besides, the domain of SIU equally accommodates special deeds of accumulating, preserving and disseminating valuable information on the advancement of present-day science as flourishing beauteously in home and abroad. More especially, documentation of the sophisticated researches and achievements in the fields of nuclear science and technology is taken into accounts with greater patience and care.
The Unit is to shoulder responsibilities with -
- Selection, Acquisition, Processing and Circulation of books, scientific journals, magazines, reviews, periodicals, scientific publications, newspapers and other library materials. Selection, Acquisition and Processing are done here centrally for the Institute Libraries.
Color Photo Lab in SIU
- Maintaining a Library Database.
- Providing CAS and SDI Services.
- Compilation of bibliography, index, abstract, etc.
- Taking photograph of different research samples.
- Photo printing services through itís own colour photo lab.
- Hosting all scientific visits in AERE.
- Reprography service
- Accumulation of journals, booklets and research reports.
- Editing and Publication AERE Technical reports, Newsletters, Brochure and other research reports. SIU has a complete set of printing and binding machineries for this purpose.
- Propagating news and views of AERE.
- Photography & video capture of various activities and functions of AERE for the sake of propaganda. Instrumental support for arranging seminar, symposium and various display programmes within AERE.